Our Lady of Perpetual Help
The icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is of a type known as Our lady of the Passion as the angels on either side of Mary hold the instruments of Jesus’ passion.
The original of this particular icon was stolen from the Keras Kardiotissas Monastery in 1498 by an Italian wine merchant and taken to Rome where it is now permanently enshrined in the Church of St. Alphonsus.
Devotion to Mary under this title has spread throughout the Catholic world aftercare of the icon was given to the Redemptorist Order in 1865.
24K gold leaf, egg tempera on gesso. Linden wood.
70 x 50 cm
Postage, Packing, Insurance vary in accord with Icon’s size and the destination country.
Any Import Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the buyer.
- December 3, 2019